Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My life

Do you like your life? I ask myself that question on occasion. I think of the Switchfoot song ARE YOU WHO YOU WANT TO BE? I think life is more about perspective.

I was reading today in one of my new favorite books, IN A PIT WITH A LION ON A SNOWY DAY, that how we feel is not necessarily based on our circumstances, but our perception of those circumstances.

What are you talking about, Matt!!?? Example: When you pray, we ask God to take away the difficult things. Why?? Shouldn't we just ask for strength to get through it? We might really need that difficult thing to teach us or to shape us.

This is why worship is so important, according to Mark Batterson, author of IN A PIT WITH A LION ON A SNOWY DAY. It helps us take a step back, look at the big picture, and allow God to show you why you are facing what you are facing.

Some interesting thoughts to consider. I know I will!

Tonight is our final Scrooge practice. Oh my word!!

No comments: