Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Games and Trivia

I love Christmas trivia, guessing games (how many m & m's are in the jar), group games like Taboo, Catch Phrase, Four on the Couch, etc. Actually, my favorite all time group game that we always played around the Holidays when I was growing up is called . . . Balderdash. Anyone played that?

I loved it cause the most creative person usually won. Truth be told, I usually didn't win, but I always gave my best effort. You had to make up definitions to crazy words from the dictionary that no one had ever heard of. After definitions are creatively constructed, each player voted on the definition they thought was actually correct (each round someone would actually write the real definition and include it in with the others).

My all time favorite was when my friend, Dan, wrote this definition, "A dog in ugly." What was the word? Does it matter? Often, the definitions didn't make sense.

Anyway, I can't wait for more crazy Christmas games, trivia, and loads of fun this Christmas. These times are recipes for great memories. Last night, at our Young Adult Christmas Party, someone guessed there were 44,000 m & m's in a jar (there were 1808). There were interesting Christmas cookies made and during Catch Phrase, which the guys won, I discovered the true character of some of my Young Adult Leaders. All in all, we had a great time!

If you are a student, don't miss the XLR8 Annual Christmas Party on Dec. 19th. We will have some crazy contests and tons of fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, my favorite all time group game that we always played around the Holidays when I was growing up is called . . . Balderdash.

So, I'm guessing that's the board game you referred to in your last post?

I have to agree with you, though, Balderdash is a really fun game (if you can get enough people).