Saturday, September 20, 2008

lazy Saturdays

today started at 7:30am . . . thanks, Nash! after making waffles for breakfast, my #1 task of the day was to wash my car. amanda and i bought our Grand Am 6+ years ago, it is the only car i have ever purchased and paid off. it was great to receive the title in the mail a year ago. anyway, i find solace in being outside on a brezzy, sunny, saturday afternoon with plenty of time to wash my car.

of course, that all ended when my 3 amazing children joined me outside. life changed from relaxing and quiet, to adventurous and loud. one thing about my kids though, they love to help. Kati and Annie grabbed sponges to wash and Nash supervised as he sat in his little red car wearing only a diaper.

anyway, we got the job done right before kickoff of the Ohio State game. i enjoy being lazy on Saturdays, watching football, playing games with the kids, and recharging the batteries. everyone needs slow down moments . . . moments to just relax and be spontaneous.

thanks, God, for lazy Saturdays!

peace

No comments: