Saturday, May 3, 2008

not as easy as it seems

blogging daily is not that easy. sorry i missed a few days. i had the privilege of being in dublin, OH for the Honduras boot camp. i was away from an internet signal, so no chance to share the love.

(1) kids can be pretty amazing. i asked annie to ride with me to pick up some food tonight. she seemed so happy just to be with me. she was laughing and smiling at me. it made me feel like a million bucks! then a song came on the radio and we belted it out. it was one of those memorable moments.

(2) i am going to Honduras this summer and until this weekend, i have not thought much about the trip personally. i know God will do something in my heart on the trip, i just don't know what at this point. please pray along with me that God will show me what my purpose is for Honduras.

(3) tomorrow is a big day for our church. our pastoral candidate, scott estep is speaking and all the youth and young adults are supporting him by sitting in the center section together. i can't wait to see how the older people respond to this! (if you read this and are a part of youth or young adults at Dayspring, join in the fun tomorrow!)

(4) i visited with a man who attends Dayspring on Friday in the hospital. he had just been diagnosed with cancer, and yet his attitude was great. he was totally trusting God and his outlook challenged me. he believed, as he should, that God was in control and that he would gain nothing by worrying. God was truly taking him through a growing moment, a trial . . . and he was passing with flying colors! i was blessed to spend a portion of my day with him. Thanks, Rich!!

(5) yesterday, on the way to the boot camp, i drove the 15 passenger church van through the worst conditions i have driven in a long time. the rain was so loud, i couldn't hear people talking on the van, and the radio wasn't even on. i am just thankful that we made it.

well, off to bed . . . anticipating an amazing day tomorrow.

No comments: