Tuesday, November 4, 2008

do over days

does anyone know what i'm talking about when i say i wish i could do some days over again?

yesterday was one of those days.

i found myself saying things to my family that did not speak life and encourage them. i was pretty short with the kids and let my emotions dictate my actions on more then one occasion.

truth is - I BLEW IT! i had the chance to speak life and i spoke death. i had the chance to create a loving, encouraging enviornment and i missed it!

can someone say mulligan!? i guess the bright side of this is that i can try it all again today. when the sun came up this morning, which it does pretty early now, i was given a new day, a new start, and new chances to make better decisions.

Lamentations 3:23 says that His compassions/mercies are new every morning.

most of us like the sun. we dread the sunset at 5:30pm this time of year! where did the day go? however, some days need to end so we can get a fresh start the next day!

yesterday i wanted a do over. today i am trying to live the life God called me to live. a life of love and one that brings life.

thanks, God, for the new day!

No comments: