Friday, June 19, 2009

back . . . again

ok, so i am still struggling with being a consistent blogger. i haven't even looked at the page for 2 months, but today i noticed i have 17 followers. wow, i must be cooler than i thought.

also, Amanda is challenging me to blog more faithfully, so here i am.

some updates in my life over the last few months . . .

(1) everyone had a b-day in the Valantine family except for me (amanda - 30, annie -8, kaitie - 3, nash - 2)

(2) i went to my first PGA Golf practice round at muirfield in Dublin, OH

(3) we celebrated our first Easter at Journey Church

(4) we changed the name of the church to Journey Church!!!

(5) we had our first community outreach - saw 16 new families represented

(6) my great-grandmother (98) passed away - love you gram!

(7) played the drums at my first ever gig (Ohio Girl's Retreat) - well, not really a gig, cause it was volunteer, but had a blast!

(8) took annie to get glasses for first time

(9) connected with a great group of pastors in delaware for fellowship regularly

(10) helped patch some holes in our parking lot with blacktop patch - first time i've done that!

(11) almost killed myself on the church's riding lawn mower - twice!

(12) started tweeting on twitter (check it out twitter.com/mattvalantine)

(13) went diving off cliffs in the cayman islands - jk

well, that should get you caught up on me. check back soon & i will do my best to write some things that might inspire you, challenge you, or encourage you in your faith journey . . .

or you will at least get some laughs at my expense

peace

No comments: