Wednesday, July 23, 2008

go simple (part 2)

simple can be so refreshing! last night amanda and i took the kids to my softball game (ok, not so simple for her), but afterward, we went home and spent an hour with the kids on the living room floor before we put them to bed.

it was a special time, and so simple. we didn't have anything planned for evening activities, we just hung out loving on each other. kaitie and i started a new game called Cross & Kiss. when she crosses my lap, she has to kiss me. nash caught on and was offering up kisses too. we had a blast!

here is an example of going simple: we cut Nash's hair yesterday for the first time . . . check it out



Amanda called me around 1:30pm and asked me to come home and help with the haircut (she got in over her head a bit). another sign of going simple. now, sometimes my schedule is too busy to come home and help, but it's a slower week for me and i was able to enjoy the first haircut for Nash. i even helped cut some of the hair!

what are you trying to say, Matt?

If we are cautious when it comes to our schedule, we will have flexibility to participate in the important events in life. take this next example . . .

i have missed out on weddings and funerals lately for extended family members and friends because of "THE SCHEDULE." i have been discouraged about this and looking to make a change. i have also been praying for ways to show support to my sister and brother-in-law (Melissa & Jeremiah), who i very rarely get a chance to be with.

well, i got a call this week that Jeremiah's grandmother passed away and services would be Thursday & Friday! Perfect! i have some flexibility in my schedule, i juggled some things and now i can go to Youngstown, OH and support them.

are you catching the point? i hope that you can simplify your life. try it for a month and measure the results. i guarantee you will see some differences in the atmosphere surrounding your family. trust me on this one!

peace

No comments: