Tuesday, June 3, 2008

slowing down

yesterday, I was stopped dead in my tracks and told to slow down! no, i didn't get pulled over by the police. God slowed me down. I'm not saying God made me sick, but he may have allowed it.

i pretty much spent the entire day on my back in bed. thank you for your prayers! today i fell half way better, but my body is still telling me to slow down, so no softball for me tonight.

(1) i had the privilege of marrying Eric Radabaugh and Mindy Faykosh on Saturday. They are an amazing couple and have the right foundation for their marriage - God. The ceremony was beautiful even though the sound people started a song early which cut out what i planned to say about the unity candle, and i forgot to bring out the communion elements. this was only my second wedding. i guess you learn as you go.

(2) this wednesday is the kickoff for a 5 week event in XLR8 called X-Treme Days. if you've been to XLR8 before, don't miss week #1. the main goal is for students to bring new people to experience a strong team-focused atmosphere. we play high-energy games, focus on team building, worship like crazy, and encounter God in a real way. I am pumped for tomorrow!

(3) i am leaving for the country of honduras on June 11th. i get the opportunity to spend 9 days with 8 amazing students from XLR8 while serving God by sharing His love with people in Honduras. we have been working on some dramas, learning Spanish, and preparing our hearts for the trip. i am praying that God uses me in a unique way. i pray i can hear His voice so i can know His plan for my life while we are there.

(4) i finished reading the book, The Fred Factor. this is a quick read, and very insightful. if you work with people in any arena, then you need to read this book. we can make such a great difference in the lives around us if we take the time to go above and beyond normal expectations. remember the last time someone impressed you by serving you or doing something nice for you? you can be a Fred with just a small amount of effort.

(5) today, Kaitie was running around in her new bathing suit. she is so cute. i wish it were nice enough outside to get her into the pool. of course, a few minutes later, annie was in her matching suit ready for the slip n slide. have i mentioned how cute my kids are?

peace

No comments: