Thursday, October 18, 2007

We Are . . . XLR8

Last night we began our sermon series based on the movie We Are Marshall. I thought the first service was great and really set the tone for the series. We talked about how each of us needs to put the XLR8 uniform on each day and play our position with pride while supporting our teammates.

I really believe youth ministries will be successful when the students work together and embrace the vision and mission of the team. We have a clear mission as XLR8 . . . point students to Christ. We have much work to still do, but we are on our way.

I couldn't have been more proud of my team than I was last night as I watched the students give 110% as we sang praises to God during the service. So many students our taking their relationship to the next level. If I could steal a line from our District Youth Director, Matt Anderson . . . they are becoming "personal participants in the Kingdom of God."

Keep it up team!

We Are . . . XLR8!!

No comments: