Friday, July 27, 2007

Stirring the Passion

This week has been all about renewing the passion in my heart for God. It started when Amanda asked me how things were going with me. I told her with the transition at the church as we search for the next senior pastor and the extra work at home with 2 babies now, that I was just, "trying to survive."

The more I thought about that comment and realized it was true, the more motivated I became. To do what? To make sure that I live every day passionately for God, even if i am tried and feel like I don't have anything to give to Him.

My uncle was officiating the funeral for his grandson (my cousin), Gabriel David Savon, who lived for only 2 hours last week, and this is what he said that stuck with Amanda and me, "When prayer is most difficult, prayer is most necessary. When worship is most difficult, worship is most necessary." WOW! How true are those statements?

The bottom line for me is I've heard that we should live every day like it's our last. I was not as I tried to "survive." At least learning that I was in a funk challenged me to stir my passion for God. He has so much for me and I want to experience it now, not after I get through my difficult time.

Psalm 63:3 "Because your love is greater than life, my lips will glorify you!"

No comments: